Saturday 26 July 2014

Handmade Home: Crochet Face Cloths

Last weekend I was at St Georges Hall for the second annual Summer Arts Market, and the few weeks running up to it were hectic to say the least (although I still managed to squeeze in a trip to see Caitlin Moran in Birmingham!) Once it was all over on Sunday evening I had a little bit of self-indulgent crafting time and got out a couple of unfinished projects. My EPP project is still on the go, with just a few hexagons to attach before I decide what to do with it (I'll be asking for your help with that). The other project is a set of crochet wash cloths.


I used Twilleys Freedom Sincere, an organic cotton yarn, and a 4.5mm hook. The patterns I got from Ball Hank n' Skein blog.

 The blue and white cloths are the Grit Stitch pattern.
 The purple is the HDC Shell pattern.
 The yarn is really soft and squooshy but makes for a good textured cloth, and the colours are great too.
Each cloth took just under one ball of yarn, and with the left overs I made a little hexagon medallion face scrubbie!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips